Build: muscular, defined, gives off a sense of coiled strength about to explode
Hair: blond, typically cut short except during the flare when it grows into a mane within a few days
Eyes: grey, luminescent with gold when excited or angry. Curran’s gaze is extremely difficult to hold.
Skin: naturally pale, but he tends to bake himself in the sun every chance he gets
Distinguishing marks: broken nose that didn’t quite heal right, very unusual for shapeshifter
Beast Form: an enormous grey lion, striped with darker grey, like smoke blown against grey velvet.
Favorite mode of fighting
Grows teeth the size of dinner forks and bites people’s heads off. Roars afterward.
Pack. Curran is the Beast Lord. Tremble.
While Curran’s physical power is overwhelming, he rarely has to use to it. He’s observant and shrewd and tends to use diplomacy and intimidation, breaking into violence only as last resort. He moves extremely quietly and enjoys sneaking up on Kate.
Information below may contain spoilers. It’s segregated by books. Click the book name to read details of appearance, history, and abilities profiled in different books.
- Can change only a part of his body to his beast form if he wishes (p56)
- Warrior Form: eight foot tall humanoid form with shaggy, grayish fur; a mane; long stripes criss-crossing over his chest; gold eyes; twin pads of an upper lip; three inch canines; and whiskers (p157)
- Can speak in his warrior form (p157)
Does not like horses (p219)
Can resist a power word, though it is a strain. Can resist it even in the middle of the flare. (p185)
- In 2024, the Midnight Games Championship came down to the Necro Lords and Andorf’s Seven. Andorf was a were-Kodiak bear who weighed in at 2580 pounds in beast form. All that was left of his seven was him, a wolf, a rat, and Raphael‘s aunt Minny. They faced four navigators from the People: Ryo Montoya, Sam Hardy, Mariam Buryatova-Hardy, and Sang. With Minny and the rat dead, Andorf went crazy and killed the wolf, the vampires, the navigators, and over 100 spectators. He hid in Unicorn Lane. Three days later his head was left on the Capitol’s steps, and two days after that Curran became the Beast Lord. His first law was to forbid Pack participation in, aiding of, or betting on the Games. Curran was 15 years old. (p37-40)
- He is the survivor of a massacre that killed his family. Mahon raised him after that. (p109-110)
Curran lived with his father, mother, and little sister in Smoky National Park. One day when Curran was twelve, eight loups came into the area, killed his sister, captured Curran, and then killed his parents. His father killed three of them before dying. Curran escaped.
Mahon came to investigate the loups after they killed a hunting party whose guide was his cousin. He found Curran and made a deal. Curran would get a shot at the loups, and then he would go to live with Mahon. Curran killed one of the loups. It was his first battle kill. (p288-289)